Monday 9 August 2010

London Pride


I think most beer drinkers in the UK need little or any introduction to this famous brew. To be honest, I doubt many need anything beyond that either, as London pride is arguably one of the best known bitters in the land. An absolutely classic ruby red ale, finely balanced, with a nice malty sweetness met with a wonderful hop bitterness. And underlying it all, the taste of good old Fuller's yeast.
The thing about London Pride is, quite simply, it is my favourite beer of all time. To quote the late, great Dave Line, from "Brewing Beers Like those you buy,

"...if I had to select just one beer to drink for the rest of my life, it would have to be "London pride"."

I know, objectively, I can't say it is the best beer in the world, but for me I think it always will be. I'm from Fuller's country, my locals are all Fuller's pubs. London Pride is the drink that rehydrates me when I need a desperate thirst quencher on a hot midsummers evening. It is the tipple that fuels a Thursday quiz night. It is a brew I'd drink every single Christmas. Best of all, however, is that it is so drinkable. It isn't a rich treat, or an unsatisfactory mild. It is a beautiful drink and a session drink

So, this is my salute to Pride, the best damn pint in the world.

Even if my head is pumping away at the moment, asking me why the extra glass... why?!

No comments:

Post a Comment